Featured

馃嚞馃嚙 Cultural nomadism - a lifestyle

We can move from a place to another for various reasons. One of them is to know better other cultures, to become a global citizen. Other is ...

Tuesday, 8 February 2022

馃嚞馃嚙 Savouring the world - Bob贸 de camar茫o (Brazil)

Today I'm going to tell you about the recipe for one of my favourite Brazilian dishes. Bob贸 de camar茫o (camar茫o = shrimp). The recipe makes 10 servings. Adjust the amount of ingredients to get the amount you want of this Brazilian delight.

To do this you will need:

    • 2 kg of shrimp;
    • 1 kg of cassava;
    • 2 chopped onions;
    • 4 tablespoons of oil;
    • 500 g of tomatoes;
    • 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro;
    • 1 teaspoon of black pepper;
    • 1 cup of coconut milk;
    • 1/4 cup of palm oil.

Directions:

Clean the cassava and cook it in water and salt. If the cassava has harder fibres, remove them. Beat the cassava in a blender, gradually adding a little water (1 cup of water for every kilo of cassava). Reserve the cassava dough.

Peel the tomatoes, cut them in half and remove the seeds.

In a pan, fry the onions in the oil until golden brown.

Add the tomatoes and let them cool.

Add the cleaned and peeled shrimp, salt, black pepper and coriander. Turn down the heat. Cover the pan until the shrimp are cooked.

Add the pureed cassava, coconut milk and palm oil. Cook, stirring constantly until it boils.


Enjoy this dish without moderation.


Some of these ingredients may not be easy to find outside of Brazil, but if you do, try this recipe. I've used arracacha to add the creaminess of the sauce in place of cassava, and at home I've never used palm oil or coriander and use pepper sauce because I like spicy. I certainly can't call what I usually do at home a bob贸 de camar茫o, but I am aware of this and take advantage of the opportunities to eat real bob贸 de camar茫o in restaurants. In the kitchen I am very intuitive nowadays, and I rarely follow recipes. In this column I am going to make videos where this feature will be very noticeable.

Have you ever tried bob贸 de camar茫o? Did you make it at home? What is your opinion on the dish?


Nycka, the Nomad


Copyright: Nycka, the Nomad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts: