Walking your dog is a necessary daily commitment. Even if you have a backyard at home, it's important to go out with the dog. For the rides, the animal must be fully vaccinated and it must wear a collar and guide, as well as you must carry equipment to collect any feces 💩 that your animal may leave on the route. Those who do not have this disposition can choose to hire a “dog walker”, a professional who is paid to walk dogs. They usually operate in a restricted geographic region.
Some advantages of daily walks with dogs:
- Animal socialisation. Socialisation is important in the dog's development and it is very positive for them to learn to deal with other dogs and other people.
- Spend energy. Each breed has a different energy expenditure requirement. Generally larger dogs need to expend more energy, but there are large breeds that are calmer and small dog breeds that are quite restless. It is important to respect your dog's energy expenditure needs. I will talk more about this in the next text. Follow our profiles on social networks or sign up to receive the next texts via email.
- Connection with the tutor. This point is valid only when it is the tutor who walks the animal, without paying a professional to do so. This connection also happens when the tutor bathes the animal. In both cases, the connection happens when the tutor respects the animal's needs and knows how to demonstrate his love for the dog. My last dog so far loved it when I said “time to get cute for mom”. Whether I was going to bathe, cut his hair (with scissors) or cut his nails, he was calm and let me do what I set out to do. And, of course, he loved walking with me. He showered in pet shops every now and then, but he visibly didn't like some. It's worth mentioning that I've had dogs my whole life. Perhaps for those who have never had one, it is difficult to give the dog a good bath.
- An extra opportunity to play with the animal. I once saw two people playing with their dogs, a Labrador and a golden retriever, on a screen-enclosed sports court in a square. They threw balls and objects for the dogs to fetch and return to their guardians. It may also be possible to do this in the court of your building's leisure area. As I've never lived in a building with a court, I don't know.
- You exercise a little more. Obviously if you walk with the dog. Having dogs is a stimulus to reduce sedentary lifestyle when you commit to being a responsible guardian.
Do you often walk your dogs? Do you travel with them? Comment on your experience.
If you run a company related to the topics we deal with, read our media kit and find out how to promote your company with us.
Nycka, the Nomad
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment here